Google Glass, iWatch and IBM Watson Revolutionizing The Practice of Medicine
Disruptive evolution of healthcare
People have been thinking about the potential ways Google Glass could be used in medicine and healthcare. Even though it will probably be bad for your eyes, early testers seemed to love using it and didn’t feel it would distract them from anything. A few examples how it could be used in the future:
- Displaying the patient’s electronic medical records real-time.
- Assisting the doctor in making the diagnosis with evidence-based and relevant information from the medical literature.
- Recording every operation and procedure from the doctors perspective. Every movement of doctors will be archived and screened for potential mistakes. (I know it’s harsh.)
- Based on the lab tests of the patient, it will give an estimated prognosis and suggest next steps in the treatment.
- Live consultations with colleagues as they will be able to see what I see live.
- It will guide users through all the steps during an emergency…
View original post 212 more words